in honor of Mean Girls’ 10th anniversary, here’s an incredibly subtle but completely extraordinary joke that you’ve probably never noticed from the movie (I saw it at least a dozen times before it dawned on me): Regina George started a rumor that Janis Ian was a lesbian in the 8th grade, but it wasn’t out of malice… it was because Janis told her that she was Lebanese
"Help for the Asexual" a.k.a. the Official Asexual Dance™ video.
I was putting together a bunch of asexuality-related videos recently and then I remembered this video that was going around back when I first joined AVEN, and was horrified to realize that aces who only joined in the last few years might never have seen this. This is also, by the way, the official San Francisco ace parade group approved Official Asexual Dance.
(if you just want to skip to the awkward dancing part, skip to 2:22)
Let’s play a game.
Type the following words into your tags box, then post the first automatic tag that comes up.
!!! ~ :3
- I have a really “light” sense of humor I think, if that makes sense. as opposed to a “dark” sense of humor. not into sarcasm or cruelty or shock value, anything like that. puns, slapstick, wordplay, and exaggeration are more up my alley, and I think that’s a Good Thing
- I’m surprisingly resistant to peer pressure. I may be a doormat in some ways, but I’m pretty unyielding on my moral boundaries and (my extreme shyness aside) I’ve never been interested in doing stuff/hiding stuff just to fit in.
- I’m wayyy empathetic and can usually figure out where people are coming from, so it’s hard for me to really hate them or even judge them, even if I get really angry at their terrible decisions
- I seem to have a gift for language, or at least my EXTREME ENTHUSIASM makes me good at it anyway. I guess either one is a gift
- I tend to find the good in everyone, even if I don’t try and even if I don’t want to (another thing that makes me bad at hating people). people generally have to do something pretty cruel or morally reprehensible in my estimation before I will feel okay about disliking them or talking bad about them, heh
you guys they did it. we have a car. with air conditioning. and working windows. and lights. and radio
is this real life
lifes too short to pretend to hate pop music
m tired of being awkward and silent. you know. i want people to feel like they can talk to me. i always get skipped over and that’s my own fault, but i also feel unable to talk. wehh
*Jesus does the cup song at the Last Supper* You’re going to miss me when I’m gone.
my dad brought a car home for the weekend and he hasn’t bought it yet, but he thinks he’s going to. you guys. it has air conditioning. and a radio. and working windows (all four of them!!!!). and lights. imagine